Monday, July 28, 2008

I've been knitting a bit...

So many people complemented the red top and I decided to knit another. Red is made more than a year ago (I suspect even more than 2 years ago, but I'm not sure) and I wanted to be sure I still remember how it goes.
And guess what... Blue looks even better! Now I have a mannequin for trying things on while knitting and it sure helps a lot. It's much much easier to understand how long the top should be, where to increase and decrease and so on.

Now I would like to write down the pattern for this top, but I'm a bit afraid that it's too much for me. I just finished my first pattern-writing (Holly Berry fingerless gloves, will make a new blog post about it), but the top is more complicated- if I create a pattern, I should do it for different sizes.

At the moment I'm stuck with custom orders and all plans have to wait. I'm knitting some shrugs.


Terri said...

Anniki, this blue top is beautiful! It looks great in the red also. Wish I could knit I would ask for the pattern

erin, maker of chimes said...

This looks great...and even ore impressive that you're making it up as you go. WOW!

JoJoBell said...

Anniki this is fabulous!

Post a Comment