Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First pattern


Some weeks ago I wrote my first fingerless glove pattern. In English. Wasn't as hard as I expected.

I've been dreaming of this for a long time. But I was always afraid it is too hard, because I'm not native in English. And I've never understand Americans habit to write down the patterns by lines and not drawing only schemes. That's what we do here in Estonia usually.

But it took only 2 hours to write it. After that I found a test knitter- big thanks to sillylittlelady- who helped to correct the mistakes and write some paragraphs in easier language than I did :)

I also added it to Ravely, you can find the details there.

I used Angels & Elephants yarn from Ebay. The name is Holly Berry and even I usually don't like multicolored yarns, this one is nice! Red, brown and olive match perfectly and the result is not too outstanding.

Now I'm planning next pattern. Also fingerless gloves, because I'm not ready for different sizes and other more difficult things.

A bit about other things too:
My vacation is over and I'm back in the office. I'm not used to get up 8 in the morning and work all day, so at the moment it's really painful. But I know it is getting better day after day :)

3 comments:

Kreativlink said...

Congrats for that first pattern! The gloves look great!

SillyLittleLady said...

I am more than willing to continue helping you in any way I can :)

Sharon said...

Congratulations and happy birthday! Thanks for your comment on my blog. That's so cool you were a professional swimmer. The discipline and physique impresses me to no end!

Sharon
saburket@yahoo.com

Post a Comment