Saturday, June 26, 2010

International Hanseatic Days










International Hanseatic is the biggest event that Pärnu (Estonia) is hosted in last 20 years.
450 sellers on craft market, 4 days filled with culture events, more than 80 delegations from other countries and estimated 100 000 visitors in total.

The symbol of hanseatic days is red apple and entire city is filled with them. Simple, but cute, isn't it?

I've been selling on market yesterday and today. Tomorrow is the grande finale, which means that event is over. We prepared for this for months and then it just ends. A bit sad, because at the moment the city is filled with people and positive energy, but after tomorrow everything will be same again.
Market is nice, but we're not doing very well. I've sold some stuff, but not as much as I expected. Most people I've talked with say the same - people are looking, but not buying. Is it about economy? It should be better now, if to believe news.
Anyway, I'll do my best tomorrow and hope it won't be so slow. Next big craft event is in Pärnu on 14-15th of August and we plan to take part again.

3 comments:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

It is always different then expected:(
I'd say you would sell more at fairs as people can actually feel and touh (grr) the items which would not be possible on internet...
well fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

RitaJC said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I hope it will be better tomorrow! Thanks for keeping us posted and please let us know after tomorrow!

Post a Comment