Thursday, July 8, 2010

Give your shoes a new life


This is something I've been doing for a while now - pimping up old shoes and giving them new chance to live for some more years.
Easiest way is to repaint them (which I did), maybe use some glitter, ready made fabric flowers or pearls for decorating.

What you need?
* Paints suitable for leather or fabric, depending what kind of shoes you have. I use Pebeo Deco, it's suitable for all kinds of materials.
* Different brushes - thinner for the borders, bigger for the top of shoes. Small brush is good for making patterns.
* Masking tape. You may try to use it for covering the borders, so you don't have to clean them later, but it may happen that after the paint is dried, the tape can rip open some of the paint too, so be careful! It's depending a lot on the material.
* Nail polish remover, in case you have to clean the borders later.
* Acrylic vanish. Cover the shoes after painting and they look beautiful longer.

My white shoes are now purple with bronze ornaments and leather shoes lime green. Both look good. Haven't decided how to decorate green shoes, any ideas?

My photos should show before/after combination, but I painted both white shoes before I got an idea to do it. But you can see a white strap on one shoe, that's how they looked before.

3 comments:

RitaJC said...

Great idea!

Thanx for sharing!

Erika Price said...

What a brilliant idea! Love the purple and lime green ones!

cheekymama said...

Some great tips. I usually scuff my shoes until they're pretty much done for but now I'm going to look at ways of reviving them before they meet an early grave!

from SITS
via Babes about Town
http://babesabouttown.com

Post a Comment